Metalcraft Scroll Benders
Now you can create all the beauty of traditional scroll work with Metalcrafts range of scroll bending tools. There are 5 to choose from, varying in the size of the scroll they produce and the size of materials they handle. With the MK1/2 and MK2/2H the metal is wrapped around the scroll bender to form the scroll. With the MK2/3, MK3/3, and MK3/4 scroll benders, the metal is drawn into the machines as you turn the handles on top which means less unobstructed work space needed. Tube forming components are also available on these which adds a most useful facility and enables a greater number of design options to be considered and greater variety of products to be made.
Scrolls can be divided into 5 basic types: J scrolls, C scrolls, G scrolls, SS scrolls, and SD scrolls. Here are the definitions of each:
- J scroll: only 1 end of the scroll is bent and the other is left straight in varying lengths.
- C scroll: both ends are bent to the same stop on the scroll bender. The ends of the C scroll are identical and bent in the same direction.
- G scroll: one end of the scroll is smaller than the other end. Both ends of the G scroll are bent in the same direction.
- SS scroll: the ends are bent to the same stop. Ends of the SS scroll are identical in size but are bent in opposite directions.
- SD scroll: one end of the scroll is smaller than the other end and achieved by bending each end to different stops. The ends are bent in opposite directions.
Customer Skip Ralls built the beautiful staircase railing pictured above, using the Metalcraft Scroll Bender MK3/4. Excellent job Skip and thanks for sharing your photo!
EASY TO USE - MK1/2, MK2/2H, MK2/3, MK3/3, and MK3/4 SCROLL BENDERS PRODUCE FLAT & CONSISTENT SCROLLS (NO PRE-HEATING OF METAL REQUIRED)
These tools are Original, Quality Built, Authentic METALCRAFT tools.